Australia extradites Antun Gudelj to Croatia for the 1991 murder of Josip Reihl-Kir, the police chief of Osijek and two associates - this event fueled tensions during the Croatian War of Independence.
Australia has extradited to Croatia a man convicted for the murder of a senior police officer, an event that helped fuel the 1991-1995 Serbo-Croatian war, a local television station reported.
- AFP via ABC News Australia
- The International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, in a majority vote, ordered an "indefinite" halt in the war crimes trial of Croatian Serb rebel leader Goran Hadzic, who is terminally ill with brain cancer and declared "unfit to stand trial." Hadzic was charged with 14 war crimes and crimes against humanity for his role in the 1991-95 war in Croatia.
- Serbia arrests Goran Hadzic, a Croatian Serb wartime leader, indicted for alleged crimes against humanity during the Croatian War of Independence.
- Tens of thousands of protesters meet in the Croatian capital Zagreb's Ban Jelacic Square to express their support for indicted Croatian War of Independence veterans and ask Prime Minister Jadranka Kosor's government to resign.
- Last year a hacker stole non-classified information about Australia's Joint Strike Fighter program and other military hardware after breaching the network of a defense contractor.
- Australia and East Timor settle a dispute between the two countries in the Timor Sea.