A Somali peace conference in Mogadishu gets off to a bad start as it is disrupted by mortar shells.
Somalia's much-delayed peace conference has gotten off to a rocky start with seven mortar shells exploding near the Mogadishu venue.
- AFP via ABC
- War in Somalia: Eight people are killed in a mortar attack in Somalia's capital Mogadishu.
- A car bomb near an International Committee of the Red Cross office wounds three people in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- A car bomb claimed by Al-Shabab kills five people including the driver and wounds around ten others outside Somalia's Parliament, Interior Ministry, and Presidential Palace buildings in Mogadishu.
- A car bomb blast in Mogadishu, near the Weheliye hotel in the Somali capital, kills at least 14 people and injures 10 others. Al-Shabab claims responsibility for the blast.
- Two car bombings near the presidential palace in Mogadishu, Somalia, kill at least 38 people. Al-Shabaab claim responsibility for the attacks.