Waziristan conflict (July 2007-present)
Waziristan conflict (July 2007-present): At least 24 Pakistani soldiers are killed by a suicide attack by militants on a convoy in Waziristan near the Afghanistan border.
- AP via Edmonton Sun
- A United States drone attack kills a further four militants in Waziristan near Pakistan's border with Afghanistan; it is the third such attack in 48 hours.
- A convoy of at least 27 fuel tankers headed for NATO forces in Afghanistan is attacked in Pakistan's Sindh province.
- Twenty heavily armed foreign militants are killed by Pakistan in the South Waziristan mountainous tribal region near the Afghan border where it is believed that hundreds of al-Qaida members are hiding.
- Afghan and Pakistani forces exchange cross-border fire on the Durand Line, killing two Pakistan Army troops and injuring five others.
- An overloaded bus carrying migrants from Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan crashes into a light pole on the Igdir-Kars highway in Turkey and catches fire. A second bus hits some of the ejected passengers, killing at least 17 people and wounding 36 others.