Iranian state radio reports that a South Korean flagged ship has sunk in the Sea of Oman off the coast of Iran with 13 crew members missing.
Iranian state radio has reported a South Korean-flagged cargo ship with 23 people on board sank off the coast of Iran, and 13 people are missing.
- Reuters via ABC News Australia
- South Korea unveils sanctions against Iran for its nuclear program.
- Mohammad-Reza Rahimi, the Vice-President of Iran describes inhabitants of the United Kingdom as "not human" and "a bunch of idiots run by a mafia". He also describes Australians as "a bunch of cattlemen" and says that Koreans "need to be slapped".
- Amid tensions from South Korea, U.S. President Donald Trump announces that he is "allowing Japan and South Korea to buy a substantially increased amount of highly sophisticated military equipment from the United States."
- Iran successfully tests the Khorramshahr missile.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in and U.S. President Donald Trump agree to revise the South Korea Ballistic Missile Range Guidelines which caps South Korea's missile development.
- An IAEA report says Iran remains within key limits set in the 2015 agreement with world powers on development of its nuclear program.
- Qatar restores diplomatic ties with Iran. Tehran welcomes the move.
- An explosion at a South Korean shipyard owned by STX Offshore & Shipbuilding kills four workers.
- Teams of United States-based researchers, composed of American, Chinese and South Korean scientists, successfully edit a piece of faulty DNA that causes a deadly form of heart disease from cells in human embryos.
- ISIL forces raid an Iranian Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps base in vast desert spaces of eastern Homs Governorate, Syria, manned by between 12 to 18 fighters, all but one of which are killed.