Indonesia and the Philippines agree to expand intelligence sharing with hopes that it will help track down two suspects in the 2002 Bali bombings.
The Philippines Government says a deal to expand intelligence sharing with Indonesia will help it track down two key suspects wanted over the 2002 Bali bombings.
- Reuters via ABC News Australia
- In alleged emulation of Philippine president Rodrigo Duterte's war on drugs, Indonesian President Joko Widodo announces orders for police to "shoot" suspected drug dealers without trial.
- At a United Nations-Oceans summit, delegates from China, Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand, four of the top polluters of plastic into the oceans, pledge to reduce their levels of oceanic plastic pollution.
- Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines begin joint patrols in the pirate havens within the Celebes and Sulu Seas.
- Seven Indonesian sailors are kidnapped off the coast of Sulu near Mindanao in the southern Philippines raising terrorism fears.
- Indonesia restricts the exports of coal to the Philippines after the abduction of Indonesian sailors by the Abu Sayyaf.