Two British teenagers are arrested at the Kotoka International Airport in Accra, Ghana, for attempting to smuggle 6.5 kg of cocaine worth GBP300,000 to the UK.
- An Allied Air cargo plane crashes into a minibus after overshooting the runway at Accra's Kotoka International Airport in Ghana killing at least twelve people.
- An explosion at a liquefied natural gas depot leads to a second explosion at a gas station in Legon, a suburb of the Ghanaian capital Accra, killing at least seven people and injuring sixty-eight more.
- Flooding in southern Ghana caused by heavy rain leaves at least 10 people dead and the streets of Accra under water.
- The death toll from an explosion at a gasoline station on Wednesday in the Ghanaian capital Accra rises to over 200.
- An explosion at a gasoline station in Accra, Ghana, kills at least 78 people.