At a press conference, U.S. President George W. Bush admits for the first time that someone in his administration may have leaked the name of CIA agent Valerie Plame.
- Former White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan claims that United States President George W. Bush was involved in the Plame affair.
- Former United States Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld is accused of quoting the Bible while briefing then-President George W. Bush.
- United States President Barack Obama announces that Central Intelligence Agency personnel who employed enhanced interrogation techniques on terrorism suspects will not be prosecuted.
- U.S. President Barack Obama lifts George W. Bush's restrictions on embryonic stem cell research.
- Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zaidi is sentenced to three years in prison for throwing shoes at then-United States President George W. Bush.