A Chilean court rejects the extradition of former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori.
- Chilean Supreme Court approves extradition of Peruvian ex-president Alberto Fujimori on numerous charges, including the massacres of Barrios Altos and La Cantuta.
- Former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori arrives in Santiago, Chile after being exiled in Japan since 2000. Although he is the subject of an Interpol arrest warrant, the Chilean government said he cannot be arrested without an order from a Chilean judge. Fujimori arrives at a time of tension between Chile and Peru over sea boundaries. [http:--www.cnn.com-2005-WORLD-americas-11-06-chile.fujimori.ap-index.html (CNN)] (Link dead as of 22:17, 14 January 2007 (UTC))
- Alberto Fujimori, former President of Peru, is arrested in Chile whilst a Chilean judge considers a Peruvian extradition request.
- Former Peru president Alberto Fujimori is taken, from prison, to a local hospital for treatment for abnormally low blood pressure.
- A judge in Peru issues an arrest warrant for former President Alejandro Toledo for allegedly receiving US$20 million in bribes from Odebrecht, a Brazilian construction company, in exchange for a contract deal to build a transoceanic highway between Brazil and the Peruvian coast. Toledo denies any wrongdoing.