Simn Trinidad, a high-ranking member of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, is found guilty of conspiracy to hold three Americans hostage by a U.S. court.
- U.S. entertainer Bill Cosby's sexual assault retrial begins. As he enters the court a topless woman with the words Women's Lives Matter written on her body charges him and is arrested.
- The United States says North Korean leader Kim Jong-un has indicated willingness to discuss denuclearisation.
- Several administration officials say the governments of the United States and North Korea have begun secret, direct talks with each other.
- A military helicopter crashes in Fort Campbell, Kentucky, United States kills both pilots.
- The United States imposes sanctions on twelve Russian owned companies, a Russian arms exporter, and a bank. The U.S. cites multiple reasons, including Russian meddling in the 2016 elections and military engagements in Ukraine, Crimea, and Syria, among others.