Mexico's Interior Ministry increases security on strategic installations following attacks on pipelines. The People's Revolutionary Army (EPR) has claimed responsibility.
- AP via Forbes
- At least 30 people are injured from an explosion at a gas pipeline near Villahermosa, Mexico.
- Francisco Blake Mora, the Mexican Secretary of the Interior, dies in a plane crash on a way to a meeting with judicial officials.
- A 5.8 magnitude earthquake strikes off the coast of the Mexican state of Jalisco, prompting evacuations in the tourist resort of Puerto Vallarta and is felt in the country's second-largest metropolitan area of Guadalajara. No casualties are reported.
- Mexico's Secretary of Foreign Affairs Luis Videgaray Caso, flanked by visiting United States Secretary of State Rex Tillerson and Canadian counterpart Chrystia Freeland, rejects "any option that would imply the use of violence" on the subject of Venezuela. On the eve of his visit, Tillerson had defended the 19th-century United States policy in Latin America and suggested that the Venezuelan Army could manage a "peaceful transition" from President Nicolas Maduro.
- Three days after the previous, stronger earthquake, a 5.9-magnitude possible aftershock strikes again near the coast of Oaxaca and is widely felt across Southern and Central Mexico. No victims are reported so far.