Mexico's Interior Ministry increases security on strategic installations following attacks on pipelines. The People's Revolutionary Army (EPR) has claimed responsibility.
- AP via Forbes
- At least 30 people are injured from an explosion at a gas pipeline near Villahermosa, Mexico.
- Francisco Blake Mora, the Mexican Secretary of the Interior, dies in a plane crash on a way to a meeting with judicial officials.
- A bus carrying US tourists crashes near Los Ramones, Mexico. One person dies and at least 20 are injured.
- Fourteen people are killed in 36 hours in Cancun, Mexico, in the worst spate of violence in the city since 2004.
- An overnight prison riot kills seven police officers in Amatlan de los Reyes, Veracruz, Mexico.