Julian Moti is appointed as the Attorney-General of the Solomon Islands despite being wanted in Australia on child sex charges.
- AAP via News Limited
- The Solomon Islands government rejects an extradition request by Australia for Attorney-General Julian Moti to face child-sex charges.
- Prime Minister of Papua New Guinea Michael Somare disbands an inquiry into the extradition of Julian Moti to the Solomon Islands to avoid extradition to Australia.
- Manasseh Sogavare, the Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands, accuses Australia of "heavy-handed" interference in his country's domestic affairs.
- A hot air balloon crashes due to strong winds in Egypt's Luxor Governorate. A tourist from Australia is killed and 12 other tourists are injured. The Egypt Aviation Authority says there were 20 passengers on the balloon.
- In a world's first, a drone rescues two swimmers off the coast of Lennox Head, New South Wales in Australia by dropping a safety device to them. John Barilaro, the Deputy Premier of New South Wales, praises the rescue as historic.