Amy St. Eve, the judge in the Conrad Black fraud case, orders the jury to go back to work after it advised her that it couldn't reach a verdict on all the counts before it.
- Canadian Press via the Edmonton Sun
- The press baron Conrad Black is charged with multiple counts of fraud regarding his dealings with Hollinger International.
- Media magnate Conrad Black has been sued for fraud by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Princess Cristina of Spain is acquitted of fraud but her husband is convicted.
- The Obama administration through federal prosecutors announces corruption charges against nine defendants, including a former close aide to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, over their roles in alleged bribery and fraud schemes tied to the awarding of large state contracts and other activities.
- Authorities charge New Mexico Secretary of State Dianna Duran with 64 counts including fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering.
- Former Mayor of Detroit Kwame Kilpatrick is sentenced to 28 years in prison for racketeering, conspiracy, fraud, and tax crimes.
- Thirty-five American teachers from Atlanta are indicted on fraud charges for allegedly facilitating cheating on standardized tests dating back to 2001.
- Six people, including multiple elected officials, are arrested on charges of fraud for allegedly attempting to rig the 2013 New York City mayoral election.
- British-Italian fraudster Giovanni Di Stefano is sentenced to 14 years in jail for fraud.
- Australian House of Representatives member Craig Thomson is arrested to face at least 149 charges of fraud in relation to his former position as National Secretary of the Health Services Union.