All 24 police officers missing after a fight between police and Maoist insurgents in Chhattisgarh central India have been found dead.
- Reuters via News Limited
- Maoist rebels ambush an Indian paramilitary force in Chhattisgarh, India, killing 18 soldiers.
- Suspected Maoist insurgents kill at least 24 Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) officers in the Sukma district of Chhattisgarh, India.
- At least 13 people are killed and 53 injured after a bus skids off a bridge while travelling between India's Jharkhand state to Raipur, capital of Chhattisgarh state.
- At least seven Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) personnel are killed in an IED attack on their vehicle in the Indian state of Chhattisgarh's Dantewada district. Naxalite insurgents are suspected to have been behind the attack.
- Two Indian Border Security Force soldiers are killed and four injured in a conflict in the state of Chhattisgarh.
- Naxalite Maoists are holding 250 villagers hostage to protest the building of a bridge in India's Chhattisgarh state.
- Maoist rebels kill 14 Central Reserve Police Force members in an ambush in Chhattisgarh, Central India.
- A doctor is arrested, believed responsible for the deaths of 13 women in a state-run sterilization clinic in Chhattisgarh, India.
- Eleven women have died and at least twenty are in a critical condition after undergoing sterilization surgery in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh, as part of India's state-run mass sterilization campaign.
- Former senior Indian cabinet minister Vidya Charan Shukla dies from his injury from a Naxalite raid in the Sukma district in Chhattisgarh state.