The African Union meets in Accra, Ghana, for a summit with attention focussed on a proposal by Muammar al-Gaddafi of Libya for a pan-African government.
- An explosion at a liquefied natural gas depot leads to a second explosion at a gas station in Legon, a suburb of the Ghanaian capital Accra, killing at least seven people and injuring sixty-eight more.
- Flooding in southern Ghana caused by heavy rain leaves at least 10 people dead and the streets of Accra under water.
- The death toll from an explosion at a gasoline station on Wednesday in the Ghanaian capital Accra rises to over 200.
- An explosion at a gasoline station in Accra, Ghana, kills at least 78 people.
- At least 11 people are killed in a fire at a filling station in the Ghanaian capital Accra.