Police conduct a controlled explosion of a suspicious car in a carpark of the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, where two suspects in the 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack are being held.
- Two doctors arrested at the Royal Alexandra Hospital, Paisley, Scotland in connection with 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack were released without any charges.
- In the early hours of Sunday morning, explosions are heard around London Bridge, believed to be controlled explosions carried out by the police.
- Europe's first death from H1N1 is reported in Paisley, Scotland.
- Bilal Abdullah is convicted for his roles in the 2007 attack on Glasgow International Airport and an attempted bombing of London's West End.
- Kafeel Ahmed, who was one of the instigators of the 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack, dies in the Glasgow Royal Infirmary of the injuries he sustained in the attack.