A helicopter crash in the Raveau forest near the town La Charit-sur-Loire in central France kills three people involved in the French Grand Prix and injures two.
A helicopter carrying people involved in the F1 French Grand Prix auto race has crashed in central France, killing three people and seriously injuring two, police and officials said.
- AFP via ABC News Australia
- Northern Mali conflict (2012-present):Insurgents launch an attack on the strategic city of Gao, capturing a police station and sparking a day-long firefight that included Malian troops, as well as French attack helicopters.
- French and Australian rescue crews find four French nationals who died in a helicopter crash in Antarctica.
- Three bodies are found by rescuers at a crash site in Antarctica involving a French helicopter. A fourth person is still missing.
- A French military helicopter crashes off the coast of Gabon, killing at least seven people and rendering one other missing.
- French ecology minister Nicolas Hulot announces France is to ban the sale of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040.
- France plans to make vaccines mandatory for children in 2018.
- Two gunmen open fire near a mosque in Avignon, France, injuring eight people. Two of the victims were hospitalised.
- A man who was yelling "This is for Syria" while attacking a police officer with a hammer near Notre-Dame de Paris, France is shot and wounded by another officer. Prosecutors open a terrorism probe.
- A man attempts to run over pedestrians outside a mosque in Creteil, France.
- Francois Bayrou resigns as France's Minister of Justice amid an ongoing investigation into the centrist Democratic Movement (MoDem)'s alleged fraudulent employment of parliamentary assistants.