A helicopter crash in the Raveau forest near the town La Charit-sur-Loire in central France kills three people involved in the French Grand Prix and injures two.
A helicopter carrying people involved in the F1 French Grand Prix auto race has crashed in central France, killing three people and seriously injuring two, police and officials said.
- AFP via ABC News Australia
- Insurgents launch an attack on the strategic city of Gao, capturing a police station and sparking a day-long firefight that included Malian troops, as well as French attack helicopters.
- French and Australian rescue crews find four French nationals who died in a helicopter crash in Antarctica.
- Three bodies are found by rescuers at a crash site in Antarctica involving a French helicopter. A fourth person is still missing.
- A French military helicopter crashes off the coast of Gabon, killing at least seven people and rendering one other missing.
- A knife-wielding man at Saint Charles train station in Marseille, France, kills two women. Police kill the suspect and are treating the attack as a terrorist incident. ISIL claims responsibility.