At least 14 people are killed in two bomb explosions in Qurna near Basra in Iraq.
- Iraqi authorities are searching for 10 grams of iridium-192, a radioactive material stolen from a Weatherford International oilfield services facility near Basra in November 2015. Authorities are concerned about its potential use by Islamic State, or the like, to develop a dirty bomb weapon.
- A car bombing near a bus station in Garmat Ali near the Iraqi city of Basra kills at least 10 people.
- The United Kingdom announces its intention to close its consulate in Basra, Iraq.
- A suicide bomber kills at least 53 people and injures more than 130 in the Iraqi city of Basra.
- Three roadside bombs detonate in the Iraqi city of Basra, killing at least 19 people and injuring 67.