At least 14 people are killed in two bomb explosions in Qurna near Basra in Iraq.
- Iraqi authorities are searching for 10 grams of iridium-192, a radioactive material stolen from a Weatherford International oilfield services facility near Basra in November 2015. Authorities are concerned about its potential use by Islamic State, or the like, to develop a dirty bomb weapon.
- A car bombing near a bus station in Garmat Ali near the Iraqi city of Basra kills at least 10 people.
- The United Kingdom announces its intention to close its consulate in Basra, Iraq.
- A suicide bomber kills at least 53 people and injures more than 130 in the Iraqi city of Basra.
- Three roadside bombs detonate in the Iraqi city of Basra, killing at least 19 people and injuring 67.
- A series of bomb attacks around the Iraqi capital of Baghdad kills at least 18 people, including 7 policemen.
- Bomb attacks in the Iraqi cities of Karbala, Najaf and Basra kill at least nineteen people and injure scores more.
- The death toll of Saturday's explosion in Basra, Iraq, rises to 43, with the number of injured people being over 100. Police say the explosion was as a result of a power generator short-circuiting but other sources claim it was due to a car bomb.
- Iraqi insurgents kill 102 and injure over 200 people, mostly Iraqi civilians, in a series of suicide bombings from Mosul to Basra in Iraq, the highest number in one day this year, and jeopardizing a planned US withdrawal.
- Iraq War: Heavy fighting rages in Basra as thousands of Iraqi troops battle Shia militants.