Sri Lankan Civil War: Police in Sri Lanka force hundreds of the minority Sri Lankan Tamils community out of Colombo for what they say are security reasons.
- Sri Lanka marks the third anniversary of the end of its 26-year civil war with a large military parade in Colombo.
- A landfill slide in Colombo, Sri Lanka, kills at least 16 people.
- A soldier is killed and another injured after a fire spread to an ammunition dump at the Salawa army camp near Sri Lanka's capital Colombo. Thousands of people in the area were evacuated. The fire is under control, according to a military spokesman.
- Two hundred thousand people flee the Sri Lankan capital Colombo as floods caused by several days of heavy rain worsen.
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi visits Sri Lanka's Jaffna District to hand over 27,000 homes to Tamil survivors of the Sri Lankan Civil War.
- Police in Colombo, Sri Lanka, arrest three Sinhalese Buddhist monks for torching a Muslim-owned clothing store, raising fears for safety among Muslims.
- Several people are injured in Sri Lanka's largest city Colombo when Buddhist monks lead hundreds of people to attack a Muslim owned clothing warehouse.
- Clashes break out at a jail in Colombo, Sri Lanka, killing at least 13 inmates and injuring 32 others. At least nine police officers, a prison guard and a bystander were also injured during the disturbances.
- At least 27 people are killed and dozens are wounded in conflicts between inmates and guards at Welikada prison in Colombo, the capital city of Sri Lanka.
- The United Nations Human Rights Council urges Sri Lanka to "credibly investigate" possible war crimes committed during the Sri Lankan Civil War.