Sri Lankan Civil War
Sri Lankan Civil War: Police in Sri Lanka force hundreds of the minority Sri Lankan Tamils community out of Colombo for what they say are security reasons.
- Sri Lanka marks the third anniversary of the end of its 26-year civil war with a large military parade in Colombo.
- A landfill slide in Colombo, Sri Lanka, kills at least 16 people.
- A soldier is killed and another injured after a fire spread to an ammunition dump at the Salawa army camp near Sri Lanka's capital Colombo. Thousands of people in the area were evacuated. The fire is under control, according to a military spokesman.
- Two hundred thousand people flee the Sri Lankan capital Colombo as floods caused by several days of heavy rain worsen.
- Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi visits Sri Lanka's Jaffna District to hand over 27,000 homes to Tamil survivors of the Sri Lankan Civil War.