At least 12 citizens of Oman are killed by Cyclone Gonu.
- Reuters via Australia
- Tens of thousands of people are evacuated from Oman as Cyclone Gonu arrives.
- Cyclone Gonu forces the Government of Oman to evacuate 7,000 people from Masirah Island, off the east coast of Oman.
- Oman receives 10 former detainees of the Guantanamo Bay detention camp following a request by the United States to take them.
- The Gulf Cooperation Council formally designates Lebanon's Hezbollah militia a terrorist organization. The GCC member states are Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
- At least 18 people are killed and 16 others injured in a multi-vehicle accident involving a bus near Nahdah in northwestern Oman. Six of the dead were from Oman, four from Saudi Arabia, two from Pakistan, and one from Yemen. Five others are unidentified.