Dozens of people are trapped in a collapsed hall in Leshan in the southwestern province of Sichuan in China.
- A magnitude 7.0 earthquake strikes Sichuan in southwest China, killing at least thirteen people and injuring more than 175.
- Authorities in China sentence Huang Yu, a computer technician from Sichuan who worked for a government department which handled state secrets, to death for leaking more than 150,000 classified documents to an unidentified foreign power. The documents in question covered secrets ranging from the ruling Communist Party to military and financial issues.
- Wei Hong is removed as the Governor of China's Sichuan province due to perceived disloyalty to the Communist Party.
- The death toll from yesterday's earthquake in China's Sichuan province rises to four with 54 injured.
- A 5.9 magnitude earthquake occurs near the town of Kangding in China's Sichuan province resulting at least two deaths and 54 injuries.
- At least 58 people are dead and 175 missing in floods in China's Sichuan province.
- 2013 Lushan earthquake: An earthquake of 7.0 magnitude strikes Lushan County, Sichuan province, China, with the latest estimate showing 193 people dead, 24 missing and 11,826 injured.
- A Tibetan man sets himself on fire in Sichuan, in the latest in a series of protests against Chinese rule.
- A Mw 5.2 earthquake in Sichuan province, China, kills one person and injures 11 others, destroying at least 100 homes.
- A 6.0 magnitude earthquake strikes Sichuan, China, according to the US Geological Survey.