Spanish Basque separatist group ETA announces it will end its 15-month cease-fire tonight at midnight (CEST).
ETA has said it will end its 15-month-old ceasefire at midnight tonight and has warned the Spanish government of new attacks.
- Basque separatist group ETA (Euskadi Ta Askatasuna), which waged an insurgency against Spain between 1959 and 2011, announces its complete dissolution.
- The Basque separatist terrorist group ETA apologises to "every victim" of its actions. The ETA killed more than 800 people in its 40-year history, committing terrorists attacks throughout Spain.
- In Spain, the Basque separatist group ETA announces that it will fully disarm by April 8, 2017.
- Basque separatist group ETA has reportedly indicated a readiness to disband, give up its weapons and enter talks with the governments of France and Spain.
- Alfredo Perez Rubalcaba, Spain's Interior Minister, dismisses ETA's ceasefire offer as insufficient for a peace process.