A Guyanese suspect who allegedly planned an attack on New York City's JFK Airport surrenders in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- A 35-year-old Australian man tries to headbutt a pilot over the Atlantic Ocean, causing the diversion of a British Airways transatlantic flight from New York's JFK airport to London City Airport.
- A court in America sentences Abdel Nur of Guyana to 15 years imprisonment after charging him with participation in a plot to blow up fuel tanks at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.
- The Fifth Summit of the Americas ends in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- The Fifth Summit of the Americas begins in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- In Trinidad and Tobago, bomb explosion injures 13-15 people (sources disagree) in the capital Port of Spain