A Guyanese suspect who allegedly planned an attack on New York City's JFK Airport surrenders in Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- A court in America sentences Abdel Nur of Guyana to 15 years imprisonment after charging him with participation in a plot to blow up fuel tanks at John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City.
- The Fifth Summit of the Americas ends in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- The Fifth Summit of the Americas begins in Port-of-Spain, Trinidad and Tobago.
- In Trinidad and Tobago, bomb explosion injures 13-15 people (sources disagree) in the capital Port of Spain
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk says he has received federal government approval for The Boring Company to build an underground 760mph Hyperloop that will connect New York City and Washington, D.C..
- A doctor thought to be formerly employed with the Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center kills one and wounds five others at the facility in New York City.
- The Tony Awards are held in New York City with ''Dear Evan Hansen'' winning six awards including Best Musical and ''Oslo'' winning best play.
- An automobile crashes into pedestrians in New York City's Times Square, killing one person and injuring several others. Police are investigating the incident as an accident.
- Amtrak Police taser a man at New York's Penn Station after the man allegedly became agitated due to a delayed train. Bystanders, falsely believing a shooting had occurred, caused a stampede, injuring more than a dozen people.
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio announces that he is developing a plan to close the Rikers Island prison within 10 years.