Fresh clashes break out between protesters and police in Rostock, Germany prior to the 33rd G8 summit.
- AFP via News Limited
- Leaders of the G8 assemble in Rostock, Germany for the 33rd annual G8 summit to discuss primarily issues of climate change and international aid, but also U.S.-Russia tensions over an antimissile system in Europe.
- Thousands of protesters and antiglobalisation demonstrators gather in Rostock, Germany to protest the 33rd G8 summit to be held in Heiligendamm later in the week.
- Winter storm Eleanor moves from the British Isles to continental Europe with one dead in France as well as injuries and material losses in Germany, Netherlands and Switzerland.
- British, American and German men are among a group of international volunteers who travelled to Afrin to fight against Turkish-led forces in north-west Syria.
- A helicopter and a light aircraft collide mid-air close to the Philippsburg Nuclear Power Plant in Germany, killing four people.