A military judge dismisses terrorism-related charges against a Canadian Guantanamo Bay detainee charged with killing a United States Army soldier in Afghanistan.
- A suicide attack kills two Afghans and one United States Army soldier and wounds 30 other people in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- A videotape of an interrogation of terrorism suspect Omar Khadr by Canadian officials at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp is released publicly.
- A United States Army soldier is killed and two others wounded in a joint operation with Afghan National Security Forces in Afghanistan's southern Helmand Province.
- United States Army sergeant Bowe Bergdahl will face a court martial on charges of misbehavior before the enemy and desertion related to his capture by the Taliban-aligned Haqqani network in Afghanistan in June 2009.
- U.S. Army judge Col. James Pohl denies Guantanamo detainee Walid bin Attash's request to drop his legal counsel clearing the way for the trial's continuation.
- The US Army charges US Army soldier Bowe Bergdahl, who was held captive by the Taliban-aligned Haqqani network in Afghanistan from June 2009 until his release in May 2014, with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.
- Five American soldiers, an Afghan soldier, and an interpreter in the Zabul province of Afghanistan are killed when a NATO air strike accidentally targeted them.
- A bomb kills eight people in Afghanistan's Wardak Province, including three United States Army soldiers, four Afghan National Army soldiers and an Afghan interpreter.
- A bomb blast in southern Afghanistan kills a United States Army service member.
- Students in Afghanistan hold protests in response to the Kandahar massacre by a member of the United States Army.