A Paramount Airlines helicopter crashes in Sierra Leone, killing 22 people, with reports of at least one survivor.
- Reuters AlertNet
- The United States stops giving out visas to high ranking officials of Cambodia, Eritrea, Guinea and Sierra Leone for failing to accept deportations.
- A mudslide triggered by heavy rain near Sierra Leone's capital Freetown, kills at least 350 people with the death toll expected to rise as high as 500.
- Gambia's Chief Justice sets January 10, 2017, for the hearing by the Supreme Court, made up of judges from Nigeria and Sierra Leone, of President Yahya Jammeh's ruling party's legal challenge of the December 1 election results.
- The World Health Organisation confirms a second new case of Ebola virus in Sierra Leone.
- Sierra Leone imposes quarantine on hundreds of people following a recent death from the Ebola virus.
- The WHO declares Sierra Leone free from Ebola transmissions.
- United States authorities announce mandatory Ebola screening will end for travelers from Liberia to five U.S. airports, effective September 21, 2015. Screening of travelers from Sierra Leone and Guinea will continue.
- Two new cases of ebola virus disease are reported from Sierra Leone's capital city of Freetown about three weeks after the most recent new cases were found.
- Sierra Leone quarantines 700 homes in the Aberdeen district of Freetown following the death of a fisherman.
- Glasgow's Gartnavel Hospital diagnoses a woman, who arrived from Sierra Leone, as the first case of Ebola in the UK.