A 6.4 magnitude earthquake strikes southern China near the Myanmar and Laos borders, causing casualties.
- AFP via ABC
- The People's Republic of China claims that the Golden Triangle regions of Laos, Myanmar and Thailand are the source of most of its imports of heroin and methamphetamine. The region has been known for drug cultivation for centuries.
- One Chinese national is killed and three others injured in a possible militant attack on a Chinese-invested company in Laos, the official Xinhua News Agency reports.
- A Myanmar air raid aimed at rebels on its border with China drops bombs on the Chinese city of Lincang killing four people.
- A magnitude 6.0 earthquake hits China's Yunnan province with at least one death reported.
- 2013 Lushan earthquake: An earthquake of 7.0 magnitude strikes Lushan County, Sichuan province, China, with the latest estimate showing 193 people dead, 24 missing and 11,826 injured.