A 6.4 magnitude earthquake strikes southern China near the Myanmar and Laos borders, causing casualties.
- AFP via ABC
- The People's Republic of China claims that the Golden Triangle regions of Laos, Myanmar and Thailand are the source of most of its imports of heroin and methamphetamine. The region has been known for drug cultivation for centuries.
- Chinese delegates visiting the Burmese capital of Naypyidaw propose a three-phase plan to resolve the conflict in Myanmar's Rakhine State. The governments of Myanmar and Bangladesh expressed support for the plan, which included repatriating refugees that have fled from violence in Rakhine State.
- One Chinese national is killed and three others injured in a possible militant attack on a Chinese-invested company in Laos, the official Xinhua News Agency reports.
- A Myanmar air raid aimed at rebels on its border with China drops bombs on the Chinese city of Lincang killing four people.
- A magnitude 6.0 earthquake hits China's Yunnan province with at least one death reported.