At least 13 people die in clashes between militants and Indian security forces in Jammu and Kashmir.
- India inaugurates the 9.2-kilometer Chenani-Nashri Tunnel, in the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- A curfew has ended in the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir after 52 days of protest allowing for an all-party delegation to visit the state on Sunday.
- A group of Islamic terrorists exchange fire with Indian Armed Forces troops for the second consecutive day in Pampore, Jammu and Kashmir, India. At least five soldiers and one civilian have been killed.
- Twelve people are feared dead following a road accident in the Udhampur district of India's Jammu and Kashmir state.
- At least 15 people are dead and 20 others injured after a bus falls into a gorge in the Udhampur district in India's Jammu and Kashmir state.
- Landslides in India's Jammu and Kashmir state kill at least six people and leave sixteen others missing.
- More than 160 people have died and thousands are stranded in one of the worst floods to occur in 60 years for India's Jammu and Kashmir.
- Terrorists attack a police station in India's Jammu and Kashmir state, killing six people, before attacking an Army camp.
- Clashes erupted between two communities after Eid prayers, in the Kishtwar district of Jammu and Kashmir, India, leaving two dead and several other injured.
- A Dutch tourist, Richard de Wit, allegedly confesses to killing Sarah Groves, a British fitness instructor from Guernsey, who was found dead with multiple stab wounds on a houseboat in Jammu and Kashmir, India.