Rivers in Gippsland, Victoria, Australia flood, leading to evacuations in Bairnsdale and Sale as a result of days of heavy rain.
Emergency services in Gippsland in eastern Victoria are being swamped by calls for help as floodwaters continue to rise.
- The Australian Army is called in to assist with flood relief in the state of Victoria.
- Since December, flooding in Zimbabwe has killed 246 people and nearly 2,000 more have been left homeless, according to officials.
- New South Wales facing evacuations and a rising flood threat as heavy rain and high winds hit Sydney and Newcastle. Parts of Victoria and Tasmania are braced for wild weather.
- In Japan, tens of thousands are forced to evacuate due to flooding and landslides caused by Tropical Storm Etau. So far, one person is reported as missing.
- The death toll from floods in the Indian state of Assam rises to seven, with 650,000 people displaced.