Rivers in Gippsland, Victoria, Australia flood, leading to evacuations in Bairnsdale and Sale as a result of days of heavy rain.
Emergency services in Gippsland in eastern Victoria are being swamped by calls for help as floodwaters continue to rise.
- The Thomson and Mitchell rivers flood in the Gippsland region of the Australian state of Victoria.
- The Australian Army is called in to assist with flood relief in the state of Victoria.
- Bushfires in the Australian state of Victoria threaten at least six townships in the Gippsland region with extreme weather conditions over the weekend expected to increase the danger. The Victorian Department of Education closes 24 schools due to threat of fire.
- Seven towns are under immediate threat from bushfires in Gippsland in the Australian state of Victoria.
- Since December, flooding in Zimbabwe has killed 246 people and nearly 2,000 more have been left homeless, according to officials.