A car bomb in the Bayaa district of Baghdad kills at least 20 people and injures another 35.
- Reuters Alertnet
- A car bomb attack on a police checkpoint in Baghdad kills at least 15 people and injures 40 others.
- Two suicide bombings, one using a car bomb and another with an explosive belt, take place in vegetable markets in eastern Baghdad, killing at least 20 people and injuring more than 50. The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant claims responsibility.
- A suicide car bomb kills at least 21 people and wounds more than 32 at the entrance to Al Khalis, northeast of Baghdad. Most died inside their vehicles while waiting to enter the town.
- A car bomb detonates in the parking lot of a Baghdad police station while police attempt to defuse it, killing six officers and injuring another ten.
- At least seven people are dead after a car bomb blast south of Baghdad.
- A car bomb blast in Baghdad kills at least three people and injures 12.
- Iraqi insurgency (2011-present):A car bomb explodes in a mainly Shi'ite section of Baghdad, killing at least eight people and wounding 20.
- A car bombing at a bus station in central Baghdad kills at least nine people.
- Iraqi insurgency (post-U.S. withdrawal):A car bomb explodes near a church as Christian worshippers were leaving a Christmas service in the capital, Baghdad, killing at least 14 people and wounding 28 others.
- A series of car bombings around the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, kills at least 38 people.