More than 200 people die in accidents related to storms in Karachi, Pakistan.
- An initial report on a collision between container ships MV "Tolten" and MV " Hamburg Bay" near Karachi, Pakistan, that caused millions of rupees in damage and lost cargo last month suggests errors by MV "Tolten"s captain caused the collision and better tug provision by Karachi Port would have prevented it.
- An Afghan diplomat is shot dead at the Afghan consulate in Karachi, Pakistan.
- At least 22 people have been killed and 65 injured following a collision of the Bahauddin Zakaria Express with a stationary train at Juma Goth Train station, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Five people are killed and several other civilians injured as armed terrorists, targeting Shia Muslims, open fire on participants of a Majlis at a home in the Nazimabad district of Karachi, Pakistan.
- A Pakistani police officer accidentally detonates a grenade in an anti-terrorism court in Karachi, injuring himself and a court assistant. The officer was attempting to demonstrate a grenade detonator to a judge and said the grenade was defused before pulling the pin.