More than 200 people die in accidents related to storms in Karachi, Pakistan.
- An Afghan diplomat is shot dead at the Afghan consulate in Karachi, Pakistan.
- At least 22 people have been killed and 65 injured following a collision of the Bahauddin Zakaria Express with a stationary train at Juma Goth Train station, Karachi, Pakistan.
- Five people are killed and several other civilians injured as armed terrorists, targeting Shia Muslims, open fire on participants of a Majlis at a home in the Nazimabad district of Karachi, Pakistan.
- A Pakistani police officer accidentally detonates a grenade in an anti-terrorism court in Karachi, injuring himself and a court assistant. The officer was attempting to demonstrate a grenade detonator to a judge and said the grenade was defused before pulling the pin.
- At least 13 people are killed as a rockslide hits shanties in the Gulistan-i-Jauhar in the Pakistani city of Karachi.
- Over 200 die of heatstroke in Pakistan's Karachi over the weekend in a record heatwave.
- Pakistani human rights campaigner Sabeen Mahmud is killed by gunmen after attending a seminar on Balochistan's "disappeared people" in Karachi.
- A traffic accident between an oil tanker truck and passenger coach en route to Shikarpur from Karachi on the Pakistan National Highway Link Road near Gulshan-e-Hadeed, Karachi, results in at least 57 dead and scores injured.
- Gunmen attack an Islamic religious gathering in Karachi, Pakistan, killing 8 people.
- A car bombing in Karachi, Pakistan, kills Chaudhry Aslam Khan, a senior police investigator known for pursuing Pakistani Taliban militants; two other officers with him were also killed.