A roadside bomb hits a United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon patrol, killing six Spanish-speaking peacekeepers (three of whom were Colombian) and injuring two others.
- A bomb explodes in a discotheque in Bogot, Colombia, on Saturday night (local time): five people are killed. The authorities blame the FARC paramilitary rebel group.
- Pope Francis arrives in Colombia for a five-day visit. In early 2016, Francis promised he would visit the South American country once a civil war peace agreement was in place.
- Venezuela's National Commission of Telecommunications (Conatel) takes Colombian television channels Caracol Television and RCN Television off air due to their coverage of the 2017 Venezuelan constitutional crisis.
- At least nine people are killed and about 30 others are missing after their multi-story tourist boat, carrying about 170 people, sinks in a reservoir in northwest Colombia near Medellin.
- The number of people displaced globally totals 65.6 million after an addition of 10.3 million people displaced in 2016. Syria, Colombia, Afghanistan, Iraq and South Sudan are the countries in the top five.