A roadside bomb hits a United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon patrol, killing six Spanish-speaking peacekeepers (three of whom were Colombian) and injuring two others.
- A bomb explodes in a discotheque in Bogot, Colombia, on Saturday night (local time): five people are killed. The authorities blame the FARC paramilitary rebel group.
- A landslide pushes a bus into a ravine in Colombia, killing 13 people.
- A Colombian Army Mi-17 helicopter crashes near Segovia, Antioquia, in northern Colombia, killing at least ten people.
- A partially completed bridge in Cundinamarca, Colombia, collapses, killing at least 10 workers.
- Pope Francis arrives in Colombia for a five-day visit. In early 2016, Francis promised he would visit the South American country once a civil war peace agreement was in place.