Inflation in Zimbabwe reaches 9,000%, the highest in the world.
- Zimbabwe's dollar depreciates and its cholera epidemic has killed more than 3,000 people.
- Zimbabwe allows the use of foreign currencies alongside its dollar.
- Inflation in Zimbabwe rises to about 150,000%. The Zimbabwean dollar is essentially worthless.
- Morgan Tsvangirai, opposition politician in Zimbabwe, dies of colon cancer at the age of 65, only months before a presidential election.
- Emmerson Mnangagwa is fired as Vice President by Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe. The public and the media widely perceives Mugabe's wife Grace as his likely successor after his death with Mnangagwa having been seen as her rival.