Inflation in Zimbabwe reaches 9,000%, the highest in the world.
- Zimbabwe's dollar depreciates and its cholera epidemic has killed more than 3,000 people.
- Zimbabwe allows the use of foreign currencies alongside its dollar.
- Inflation in Zimbabwe rises to about 150,000%. The Zimbabwean dollar is essentially worthless.
- Zimbabwe president Robert Mugabe fires prosecutor Johannes Tomana.
- Since December, flooding in Zimbabwe has killed 246 people and nearly 2,000 more have been left homeless, according to officials.
- A Zimbabwe high court judge drops charges against Theo Bronkhorst, the professional hunter who led the expedition that resulted in the death of the lion named Cecil, because the prosecutor's filing was not properly constituted, and was "too vague to enable (the defendant) to mount a proper defense."
- The High Court of Zimbabwe overturns bans on protests in Harare.
- Around ten heads of state attend the 17th Non-aligned Movement summit in Isla Margarita, Venezuela, including Evo Morales of Bolivia, Raul Castro of Cuba, Rafael Correa of Ecuador, Hassan Rouhani of Iran, Mahmoud Abbas of the State of Palestine, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, and Venezuela's president Nicolas Maduro.
- Zimbabwean authorities arrest dozens of protesters as anti-government protests spread across the country.
- National "Stay Away" protests, organized over the Internet via the WhatsApp social messaging platform, take place in Zimbabwe, following fears of an economic collapse amid calls for President Robert Mugabe's resignation.