The Sri Lankan military claims to have killed 30 members of the Tamil Tigers in overnight clashes in the east of the country.
- The Sri Lankan cabinet meets in Kilinochchi, the former capital of the Tamil Tigers in the far north of the island.
- Tamil Tigers carry out an air raid on a major naval base at Trincomalee on the east coast of Sri Lanka, injuring four sailors.
- New fighting between the Sri Lanka Army and the Tamil Tigers occurs in northern Sri Lanka with 26 rebels dead and 4 soldiers.
- Sri Lankan Civil War: In fighting in the North of Sri Lanka, the military claims victory with 43 soldiers killed and 33 missing while killing over 100 Tamil Tigers. The rebels also claim victory, saying that they killed 100 soldiers and wounded 500 while only losing 16 of their own.
- Sri Lankan voters in the Batticaloa district, an area formerly controlled by the Tamil Tigers, go to the polls in local government elections for first time in ten years.
- S. P. Thamilselvan, the political chief of the Sri Lankan rebel group Tamil Tigers, is killed in an attack by the Sri Lanka Air Force near Kilinochchi.
- Nineteen people are killed in Sri Lanka as a result of a roadside bomb and fighting between the Sri Lankan Army and the Tamil Tigers.
- A fierce battle breaks out between the Sri Lankan navy and the Tamil Tigers off the eastern coast of Trincomalee province.
- Ten Sri Lankan soldiers die in fighting the Tamil Tigers in the Vavuniya district of northern Sri Lanka.
- The Tamil Tigers launch an air attack on the Sri Lanka's two oil facilities near the capital Colombo.