Nursultan Nazarbayev, President of Kazakhstan, dissolves parliament, triggering a legislative election for August 18, 2007.
- Kazakhstani legislative election, 2007: President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev's Nur Otan party wins 88 per cent of the vote in yesterday's election and will be the only party represented in the Majilis or Kazakh parliament.
- Voters in Kazakhstan go to the polls for a presidential election with incumbent President Nursultan Nazarbayev winning with 97.7 percent of the vote. He has been ruling the country since 1984 in one form or another.
- Nursultan Nazarbayev is sworn in as President of Kazakhstan for another five year term, in a vote criticized as flawed.
- A presidential election takes place in Kazakhstan, with President Nursultan Nazarbayev winning 95% of the vote.
- President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev calls an early election for April 3, rejecting a plan for a referendum intended to allow him to rule for another decade.