Thousands of protesters and antiglobalisation demonstrators gather in Rostock, Germany to protest the 33rd G8 summit to be held in Heiligendamm later in the week.
- Chicago Tribune
- Sky News
- Leaders of the G8 assemble in Rostock, Germany for the 33rd annual G8 summit to discuss primarily issues of climate change and international aid, but also U.S.-Russia tensions over an antimissile system in Europe.
- Fresh clashes break out between protesters and police in Rostock, Germany prior to the 33rd G8 summit.
- Police in Germany release six men suspected of plotting a terror attack at yesterday's Berlin Half Marathon, one of who was linked to Anis Amri, after failing to find evidence to substantiate their suspicions.
- German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer rejects claims that yesterday's car attack was an act of either Islamic or far-right terrorism, saying the attacker was not politically motivated.
- German authorities arrest six men aged 18 to 21 suspected of planning a terror attack on today's Berlin Half Marathon.