Scotland Yard detectives who went to Jamaica to probe Bob Woolmer's death come to the verdict of the murder investigation, saying that Bob Woolmer died of heart failure and was not murdered.
- Jamaican police declare that former Pakistani cricket team coach Bob Woolmer died of natural causes, ending a murder investigation.
- Jamaican police announce investigation into the death of former Pakistan cricket coach Bob Woolmer with suspicions that it was murder.
- Heavy rains from Hurricane Matthew's outer bands drench Haiti and Jamaica, killing a Haitian fisherman. The Category 4 storm, with 140 mph ((220 km-h) maximum sustained winds), is heading towards western Haiti, eastern Cuba, and the southeastern and central Bahamas.
- Hurricane Matthew, at Category 4 strength with maximum sustained winds of 150 mph (240 km-h), temporarily stalls as it heads towards Jamaica and Haiti. Weather forecasters expect tropical storm conditions today with landfall tomorrow. Further, they expect rainfall of 20 inches, with up to 40 inches in some parts of southern Haiti.
- Hurricane Matthew becomes a category-5 hurricane with maximum sustained winds up to 160 mph, the strongest hurricane to form over the Caribbean Sea since Hurricane Felix in 2007. It is expected to impact parts of Haiti, Jamaica and eastern Cuba.