After Senegal's parliamentary elections, Macky Sall resigns as Prime Minister and President Abdoulaye Wade appoints former Deputy Minister for the Budget Cheikh Hadjibou Soumar in his stead.
- Macky Sall, former Prime Minister under Abdoulaye Wade's administration, is elected President of Senegal.
- Voters in Senegal go to the polls to elect their next president, with incumbent Abdoulaye Wade facing a range of challengers including two former Prime Ministers: Moustapha Niasse and Idrissa Seck.
- Voters in Senegal elect all 165 members of their National Assembly, with former President Abdoulaye Wade leading a coalition against the incumbent Macky Sall's United in Hope coalition.
- Voters in Senegal go to the polls for a runoff in the presidential election with reports indicating that challenger Macky Sall has defeated incumbent Abdoulaye Wade.
- Senegalese election officials confirm that Abdoulaye Wade has been re-elected as the President of Senegal.