Parts of Melbourne, Australia are in lockdown after a gunman shoots three people in the CBD, sparking a massive manhunt throughout the city.
- The Age
- Three people have been killed and twenty injured after a man drives a car into the Bourke Street Mall in the CBD of the Australian city Melbourne. A man has been arrested and Victoria Police say the incident is not terror related. In the next few weeks, the death toll would rise to 6.
- The death toll from an outbreak of thunderstorm asthma on 21 November in the Australian city of Melbourne reaches 6. Three others are in a critical condition.
- Cardinal George Pell, the third most senior person in the Roman Catholic Church, gives evidence to the Royal Commission in Rome dealing with his time as a priest in the Australian cities of Ballarat and Melbourne.
- State Emergency Service volunteers respond to more than 3000 calls for help after Melbourne, Australia is hit by a series of storms bringing rainstorms, hail and a tornado.
- The remains of Australian bushranger Ned Kelly are found in the former HM Prison Pentridge in Melbourne, Victoria.
- Melbourne, Australia experiences flooding after a once-in-a-century thunderstorm of marble-sized hailstones which tears the roof from a railway station and leads to the postponement of sports fixtures. A state of emergency is declared in Queensland.
- An Indian man is set on fire in Melbourne, Australia, in the latest in a series of attacks on Indian nationals in the country.
- Chinese hackers target the website of Australia's biggest film festival in Melbourne over a documentary about Uyghur leader Rebiya Kadeer.
- A heat wave affects southeastern Australia, killing 20 people as temperatures reach above 45 C in Adelaide and Melbourne.
- A heat wave affects southeastern Australia, with both Adelaide and Melbourne experiencing temperatures above 45 C.