New negotiations begin between Morocco and the Polisario.
- Herald Sun via Reuters
- In a bid to end the armed conflict with Morocco, the Polisario Front independence movement in Western Sahara frees its last 404 Moroccan prisoners of war, many of them having been held for almost two decades.
- In Rabat, Morocco, some 30.000 protesters march to call for release of prisoners of war held by Polisario in Algeria.
- Approximately fifty migrants are feared drowned off the coast of Morocco. Three men were rescued near Alboran Island near the coast of Spain.
- The oldest fossil records of "Homo sapiens" are discovered in Jebel Irhoud, Morocco, dated at between 300,000 and 350,000 years old. The earliest "Homo sapiens" fossils had been dated as 200,000 years old.
- The Moroccan Assembly of Representatives votes 208 to 91 in favor of approving of a coalition cabinet led by Saadeddine Othmani.