Hamas leader Mahmoud al-Zahar issues an ultimatum to the Palestinian Army of Islam to free kidnapped BBC journalist Alan Johnston or face military action.
- The Palestinian Army of Islam militant group posts a video of the BBC's kidnapped Middle East correspondent, Alan Johnston, on a website.
- A senior Israeli army officer tells the BBC that another Gaza War is "a question of when, not if" should Hamas continue to control the Gaza Strip.
- In an interview with "Al-Hayat" later quoted by Israeli television, senior Hamas official Mahmoud al-Zahar calls a "rebel" against Hamas policy anyone who fires rockets from Gaza into Israel.
- Women and children march towards Mahmoud al-Zahar's house in Gaza to hand him a letter calling on Hamas to insist on the release of 1,000 Israeli-held Palestinian prisoners during their talks with Israel.
- BBC reporter Alan Johnston, held captive in Gaza for nearly four months, is released.