Floods kill four people in north Texas.
Residents emerged from their homes in a flood-stricken north Texas town on Monday as waters that killed a 4-year-old girl and at least one other person began to recede throughout the soaked region.
- AP via ''The New York Times
- Record breaking rain causes flooding in the American states of Oklahoma and Texas with Oklahoma City recording record rainfall levels for the month of May.
- Flood warnings are in place in 10 US states from Ohio to Texas with at least 25 people believed to have died in the past week.
- Qatar announces it will donate USD$ 30 million to help people in Texas recover from Harvey.
- At least eight people have died in the American state of Texas with 30,000 residents in the city of Houston expected to seek temporary shelter.
- The death toll from Hurricane Harvey in the American city of Houston, Texas, rises to three with several more days of heavy rain causing "catastrophic" floods to come.
- Tropical depression Harvey becomes a hurricane, expected to make landfall on the Texas coast at Category 3, bringing life-threatening storm surge, rainfall, and wind hazards.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. agrees to pay USD $9 billion to buy the parent of Texas power transmission company Oncor Electric Delivery.
- At least 7 people are killed in the US states of Missouri, Arkansas and Texas due to tornadoes and floods.
- Arkansas becomes the first U.S. state since Texas in 2000 to hold two executions on the same day as executes convicted murderers Jack Jones, Jr. and Marcel Williams.
- Since December, flooding in Zimbabwe has killed 246 people and nearly 2,000 more have been left homeless, according to officials.