Linate Airport in Milan, Italy is closed for three hours at dawn to allow wildlife experts to trap 80 hares that have bred in recent months and are confusing ground radar.
- Linate Airport disaster: MD-87 of Scandinavian Airlines collides first with a private plane and then a building at Linate Airport in Milan, Italy, killing 100.
- Vladimir Putin, the President of Russia, and Petro Poroshenko, the President of Ukraine, will meet at the sidelines of the Asia-Europe Meeting in Milan, Italy to discuss the conflict and supplies of natural gas.
- A Ghanaian national goes on a spree attack with a pickaxe in Milan, Italy killing a passerby and wounding four others in an apparently random attack.
- Two people are shot dead at close range in the center of Milan. Hours later, another shooting in plain view shakes the financial capital of Italy.
- A woman is diagnosed with Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease ("human mad cow disease") in Milan then hospitalised in Livorno, only the second case in Italy's history and the first since Sicily 2002.
- Italy's first divorce fair, Ex? Punto e a capo, opens in Milan.
- Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is hit in the face and knocked to the ground after a political rally in Milan.
- An Italian court convicts 22 CIA agents and 2 Italian agents over the kidnap of Muslim cleric Hassan Mustafa Osama Nasr in Milan in 2003, in the first court case challenging the CIA's "extraordinary rendition" programme.
- Two people are injured in a bomb attack in Milan, Italy, after a Libyan man explodes a device at the entrance of an army barracks.
- Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi tells a rally in Milan about his encounters with President of the United States Barack Obama, saying: "What's his name? Some tanned guy... Ah, Barack Obama!", also commenting on his wife Michelle: "You won't believe it, but two of them went to the beach because the wife is also tanned".