At least 35 people die in Kabul, Afghanistan as the result of a bombing of a police bus.
- Reuters via ABC News Australia
- The Taliban destroy an electricity pylon in Doshe, Baghlan, Afghanistan, overnight. The pylon carries imported power from Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, and its destruction causes widespread blackouts across several provinces and in capital Kabul.
- A suicide car bomber kills one person and injures fourteen others near the Australian embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- A suicide bomber in an ambulance packed with explosives kills at least 102 people and wounds 158 outside a hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- At least four gunmen launch an attack on the Intercontinental Hotel in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- A suicide bombing at a Shi'ite cultural center and news agency in Kabul, Afghanistan, kills 41 people and injures 84 others. ISIL-affiliated Amaq News Agency says this group is responsible.