Air strikes in Afghanistan on a suspected Al Qaeda headquarters kill several militants as well as civilians, including children.
Seven Afghan children have been killed in a U.S.-led coalition air strike, the coalition said on Monday, the latest civilian deaths by foreign troops amid rising anger in Afghanistan.
- Al Qaeda's Deputy Leader Ayman al-Zawahri claims that the United States is being defeated in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and North Africa.
- In Afghanistan, Major General Eric Olson, the operational commander of U.S.-led forces in Afghanistan, says senior leaders of Al Qaeda, probably including Osama bin Laden, are still in command.
- A mosque being used for voter registration is bombed in Khost, Afghanistan killing at least fourteen and injuring 33.
- Three US Navy SEALs go on trial in San Diego accused of war crimes. Prosecutors allege the trio tortured unidentified detainees in Village Stability Platform Kalach in Chora, Uruzgan, Afghanistan.
- A motorcycle bomb kills at least eight and injures at least seven at a market in Shindand, Afghanistan.