Two oil and transport unions begin a strike in Nigeria over an increase in fuel duty and a doubling of sales tax.
- Industrial action in Nigeria over increases in fuel duty and a doubling of sales tax is stepped up to become a general strike.
- Gunmen kill 11 worshipers in St Phillip's Catholic Church in the town of Ozubulu in Nigeria's Anambra State.
- Three suicide bombers kill 27 people and wound 83 near Maiduguri, Nigeria.
- Boko Haram insurgents ambush an oil exploration team in the Magumeri area of Borno State, Nigeria, killing at least 69 people.
- Nigerian officials report, as a result of negotiations, Boko Haram has released an estimated 82 schoolgirls who were among about 220 kidnapped from a secondary school in Chibok in Borno State in April 2014.
- At least 36 people are dead after two buses crash on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in Nigeria.
- Nigerian spy chief Ayo Oke has been suspended by President Muhammadu Buhari after anti-corruption agents uncovered more than $43 million in cash at his flat in Lagos.
- Over the last week, a meningitis outbreak has killed at least 140 people in Nigeria.
- Multiple suicide blasts occur at a refugee camp near Maiduguri, Nigeria, leaving eight people dead and wounding 18 others.
- Four suicide bombers kill at least two people and wound 16 others in Maiduguri, Nigeria.