In the UK, seven members of Dhiren Barot's al Qaeda cell are sentenced to a total of 136 years in prison.
- Dhiren Barot of London is convicted of conspiracy to murder for developing al-Qaeda plots to kill thousands of people in the United Kingdom and United States in the 2004 Financial buildings plot.
- Tahrir al-Sham, al-Qaeda's branch in Syria, claims responsibility for yesterday's twin bomb attacks in Damascus which left dozens dead.
- The Obama Administration and Bush Administration had failed to publicly disclose up to thousands of lethal airstrikes the U.S. made in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria against ISIL, Al-Qaeda, and the Taliban via U.S. Army helicopters and drones.
- Six Al Qaeda insurgents are killed by the Arab coalition in Yemen.
- Four UN peacekeepers are killed in a suspected Al-Qaeda attack in northern Mali.
- The Pentagon rejects a Russian proposal to stage joint airstrikes against Al-Qaeda linked groups in Syria.
- Al Qaeda militants kill at least 13 Yemeni government troops near the city of Mukalla.
- U.S. officials say unmanned airstrikes in southern Somalia killed about a dozen suspected militants from the al Qaeda-linked group al Shabaab on Monday and Tuesday.
- The al-Nusra Front, an al-Qaeda affiliate, assaults the Free Syrian Army's 13th Division in Maarrat al-Nu'man, killing seven FSA fighters with 40 captured. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says Nusra seized anti-tank missiles, armored vehicles, a tank, and other arms from the U.S.-backed division.
- An al Qaeda affiliate has freed Jocelyn Elliott, an Australian woman kidnapped in Burkina Faso along with her husband.