New Zealand condemns the expulsion of its High Commissioner to Fiji, Mike Green, by Frank Bainimarama's military government, which gave no reason for the expulsion.
- Voters in Fiji go to the polls for the first election since a coup in 2006 with coup leader Voreqe Bainimarama's Fiji First Party achieving 60 per cent of the vote.
- Commodore Frank Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji's military government, says a new constitution will be ready by February 2013.
- News Corporation sells the "Fiji Times" to Fijian company Motibhai two weeks before a deadline set by the government of interim Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama.
- Fiji leader Frank Bainimarama opens a meeting, "Engaging the Pacific".
- Fiji imprisons eight men for an assassination attempt on Commodore Frank Bainimarama in 2007.