Iraq War: Three Sunni mosques near Baghdad are burned in apparent retaliation for the latest Al-Askari Mosque bombing.
- Reuters via ABC News Australia
- Iraq War: United States military begins construction of a wall around the Sunni district of Baghdad
- Bombs targeting two Sunni mosques in Baghdad, Iraq, kill seven people.
- A bomb in a Baghdad Sunni mosque kills at least 30 people.
- Iraqi insurgency (post-U.S. withdrawal):At least 11 people are killed and more than 30 are wounded in bomb attacks at Sunni mosques in Baghdad and in the province of Diyala.
- The United States flag is lowered in Baghdad marking the end of U.S. military operations in Iraq after eight years of the Iraq War.
- At least 29 people are killed in an suicide bombing in Baghdad's largest Sunni mosque including Khalid al-Fahdawi, a member of the Council of Representatives of Iraq.
- Iraq War: At least eight explosions rock Baghdad and kill at least 35 people and wound over 140 others.
- Dozens of people are killed and more than 100 others are wounded by a series of bomb explosions in Baghdad, mostly near Shia mosques around the time of Jumu'ah
- The private military company Xe (formerly Blackwater Worldwide) ends its operations in Baghdad, Iraq.
- A suicide attack kills at least 60 people and injures 125 more in Baghdad, Iraq.