Shimon Peres is elected as the President of Israel after opponents bow out in the first round of the Israeli presidential elections.
- Los Angeles Times
- Former President and Prime Minister of Israel, and Nobel Peace Prize winner Shimon Peres dies at the age of 93.
- Pope Francis urges President Shimon Peres of Israel and President Mahmoud Abbas of Palestine to work for peace at an historic joint prayer meeting at the Vatican.
- Pope Francis invites the President of Israel Shimon Peres and the President of the State of Palestine Mahmoud Abbas to pray with him at the Vatican for peace and the invitations are accepted.
- The former President of Israel, Moshe Katsav, is sentenced to seven years in prison, two years probation and payment of compensation to his victims on charges of rape, indecent assault, sexual harassment and obstruction of justice. Current President Shimon Peres says that "this is a sad day but everyone is equal before the law."
- The President of Israel Shimon Peres and the President of Egypt Hosni Mubarak agree that Israel and the Palestinian Authority should hold direct talks.
- President of Israel Shimon Peres denies a claims that there was an alleged nuclear pact between Israel and South Africa.
- Israeli President and Nobel Laureate Shimon Peres is hospitalised after a collapse in Tel Aviv.
- Israeli President Shimon Peres selects Likud Chairman Benjamin Netanyahu to form the country's next government.
- Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert officially submits his resignation to President Shimon Peres. Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni begins talks on forming a new government.
- The President of Israel, Shimon Peres, meets the President of Turkey, Abdullah Gl, in Ankara, and he will also address the Grand National Assembly of Turkey.