EADS Astrium unveils its space tourism project, one week ahead of the Paris Air Show.
- The Boeing 747-8 makes its international debut at the 2011 Paris Air Show.
- Virgin Galactic and the U.S. state of New Mexico sign a US$150-250 million agreement to launch sub-orbital commercial space flights at Spaceport America, near Las Cruces and Truth or Consequences.
- Richard Garriott, famed game designer and son of former NASA Skylab astronaut Owen Garriott, will become the sixth space tourist, visiting the International Space Station in 2008.
- Hungarian American software developer Charles Simonyi launches on board Soyuz TMA-10 towards the International Space Station, becoming the fifth space tourist.
- Space tourism magnates celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Wright Brothers' first flight by demonstrating SpaceShipOne, a privately-funded passenger-ferrying suborbital space plane, flying at supersonic speeds to an altitude of 68,000 feet.
- Dennis Tito, the first 'space tourist' in space lifts off in a Russian rocket heading for the International Space Station.